2014年6月24日火曜日

CALL Literary Reaction Journal 4

Reaction to “Live and Work”

Ⅰ.Summary
 The story that I chose summarize and react to is “Live and Work”. It was submitted by Stephen in 2008.
This story is a story of father worked hard for a family. But father died when he was going to
make much time with his family.


Ⅱ.Reaction
1.Character
 A main character of this story is father. This story is being written mainly about father. And his wife and son appear to it.

2.Theme
 I think the theme of this story is “What is important thing of life”. The father loved his family, so he worked hard. But, he died the end of the story. I think this story preach the importance to spend with a family as well as earning money.

3.Appeal
 This story has an appeal. It is the readers can think what is important for life? or what is true happiness?


Ⅲ.General opinion
 After I read this story, I thought about life. I think work is important to live, but I have to spend many time with family.

6 件のコメント:

  1. Hello Sakiko,

    Your comment on Appeal is particularly good because you accurately identify the most compelling idea in the story.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank you for your comment.
      I want to write reaction definitely, from now on.

      削除
  2. When I read your comment, I understood well. I could think my life.So I thought the life's importance is own family.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank you for your comment, Fumiko.
      I think, too. We have to value own family.

      削除
  3. I read your blog.I think your expression is very nice!I agree with your opinion.I think your coment is easy to understand.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank you for your comment, Yuna.
      I am happy to agree with me.

      削除